Montana Technical Solutions Kalispell Website Design and Development Services
offers only one website hosting option. We do not work or consult on any websites which are hosted elsewhere. There are several very persuasive reasons why this is so:
- Backup => reliable, ongoing backups are critical to any website which updates its content regularly and has more than a few visitors. Our hosting platform automates both scheduled and on-demand backups for both our ‘live’ and our ‘in-process’ websites. This save our clients the worry of any possibility of lost data, and saves our developers hours of precious development time. Time which can be spent improving our Clients’ websites.
- Availability => Our clients’ websites are available more than 99.9% of the time, and are always complete and up-to-date when they load for a visitor.
- Security => Our sites are already very secure, thanks to our 24/7/365 monitoring activity in place to proactively and pre-emptively deter and/or intercept attacks and intrusions. In the next few weeks we will be implementing,
- Confidentiality => Our websites and their confidential data are stored independently of large data aggregators such as Google, etc., who reserve the right to examine any and all of your stored data, at will, with the explicit intention to use what you store with them for commercial purposes.
- Optimization => We are experts on WordPress website performance and optimization and employ a world wide system of CDNs (content distribution networks) as well as aggressive caching to ensure our websites load as fast as possible. This is critical to SEO and to retaining site visitors.
- Maintenance => Websites require maintenance. Where possible, this maintenance is delegated programmatically to our web hosting service. Again, our clients benefit through faster, more reliable websites, more secure websites and our developers benefit through time savings.
- Reliability => Website hosting is often taken for granted and regarded as a commodity. However, the reality is that all website hosting services are certainly not equal. Mistakes and errors happen and when they do, your website may not work properly. Your website developer may end up spending hours troubleshooting website issues, only to discover the problem lies on the hosting side of things. Development time is much too valuable to spend troubleshooting somebody else’s problems.
Bad Hosting Service, Bad!
Fortunately, or otherwise, I’ve hosted websites with numerous services over the years (almost a dozen, at last count), and unfortunately, I have spent more hours than I care to count, troubleshooting website issues that turned out to originate with the hosting service. This may happen occasionally (although I have not experienced it with our current hosting platform), and sometimes we have to simply accept that people make mistakes.
Good Hosting Service, you go!
However, our job as IT consultants is to develop strategies to defend against these situations. Our strategy is simple. Our hosting platform is dedicated to WordPress hosting exclusively, and ONLY WordPress hosting. There are no other products in the mix and we live and die by our WordPress Hosting product. No distractions, no compromises, no alternative but to be successful at WordPress hosting. In a nutshell, our strategy is that this Hosting service must be 100% successful because the alternative is liquidation. To date, this strategy has served us very well. Each of the aspects of Website Hosting listed above has performed in exemplary fashion since we launched our first sites in January 2017.